Multiple Locations, Malawi
Customer Relationship Supervisor
The main role of the Accounts Relationship Officer is to develop and maintain a quality Loan Portfolio at the respective branch.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
I. Budget and Targets
- Develop together with the supervisor a plan/strategy on building a balanced risk portfolio, to meet Targets / Budget
- Identify potential clients for the products
- Carry out an inventory of all eligible businesses in the attributed zone
- Develop a risk profiling of these businesses according to BCP
II. Sell products to Clients
- Target the identified clients businesses and interest them in the products
- Analyse willingness and capacity of loan repayment in accordance with FINCA VB/ BL / SGL Lending methodology.
- Refer clients that might be eligible for other FINCA products to the respective department.
- Look for new opportunities with existing clients
III. Processing of loan applications
- Evaluate and assess the credit risk of clients by inspecting businesses and households of potential clients, appraise client’s businesses and repayment capability and provide recommendation of a loan amount.
IV. Manage client relationships
- Explain the terms of the loan agreement.
V. Risk Management
- Conduct pre-payment visits to clients to verify proper loan utilization.
- Analyse expected payment reports and remind clients to pay their instalments at least three days before due date.
- Monitor the repayments of loans disbursed.
- Verify that the loan has been invested in the purpose for which it was given.
- Ensure to maintain a quality loan portfolio with PAR >30 days <3%
- Monitor the quality of loan portfolio against identified risk profile per Action Plan
- Adhere to policies and procedures in all stages of processing
VI. Loan Recovery
- Follow up all delinquent loans to ensure they are recovered.
- Make sure an updated action sheet exists on each and every client in the portfolio that is/has been delinquent.
- Participate in the loan recovery committee.
- Escalate all non performing loans according to FINCA Policy to the Loan/Credit supervisor/ARS.
VII. Record Keeping
- Provide loan operator with a complete loan file in order to facilitate credit decision making and disbursement
- Maintain complete and accurate loan documentation.
VIII. Reporting and Adherence to procedures
- Prepare and submit reports on the number of clients, repayments, portfolio quality, loan recoveries and follow-up action on delinquent loans as per established reporting procedures and timelines.
IX. Competition / Market Trends
- Follow Competition closely to get to know their next moves
- University Degree preferably in commerce and accounting (B.Com), Business Administration (B.BA/ Banking) or related discipline.
- English/French in DRC
- Language of the area in which the branch is located.
- Extra curricular activities during studies are a plus
- Ability to effectively sell FINCA products/services.
- Basic computer skills: mainly excel and windows
- Business management skills.
- Credit analysis skills.
- Observations skills.
- Analytical skills and logical reasoning
- A good feeling for numbers
- Excellent public relations skills
- Willingness to work in the field, sometimes for long hours
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A team player who is also able to work independently.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good negotiation skills.
- Social consciousness.
- Integrity and professional ethics.
- Goal and target oriented